Friday, February 11, 2011

Better Than I

My Boss Man is coming to see me next weekend. =D Finally. We've been apart for several months, and it sucks. What sucks even more is the problem I have. I have a tendency to become very snappish, and to create problems before he gets here, as I said in my last post.

The Boss Man and I were talking a few nights ago, and I asked what he'd planned for the trip. He told me he hadn't planned much, but we were going to do one of the punishments I've racked up. I got to thinking about it, and I think, I'd be less likely to act out if my punishments were immediate. Then I realize I'd probably still be my stubborn, hard-headed self.

The last few days have been particularly hard. I haven't gotten much done, haven't had much time to breathe, let alone do anything. In the past three days, I've been sick, hit a neighbor's dog, and pulled the muscles in my right thigh. I can still barely walk on it. Being sick had nothing to do with hitting the neighbor's dog, but hitting the neighbor's dog had everything to do with pulling the muscles in my thigh. The dog is okay by the way; she didn't even have any broken bones. :) During all this, I did some major screaming and yelling at my Boss Man.

When I finally asked how much trouble I was in, he said, "None." I'm glad, but I still feel terrible for the way I was treating him. Now, I have proof that my Boss Man is a much better person than I am. Instead of holding a grudge like I would, he stayed up late for me last night, and sang me to sleep.

The Boss Man is an incredible musician and singer. He has the most amazing voice. He hasn't sung for me in awhile. He hasn't sung in general in awhile. It was nice to hear. I was able to fall asleep listening to my song, the song he wrote for me.

Thank you, baby, and I'm sorry for the way I've been acting the last few days.

4 comments:

  1. It always amazes me how thoughtful and loving a man can be, and more understanding than I could ever understand. I'm glad we're all the lucky few to get the truly great men left in the world.

    And as soon as you see his face all the stress and anxiety you have been feeling these past few weeks will melt away. That's what love does to you. Just a few more days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amika: We truly are lucky. I'm hanging in there. He won't let me let go. I don't know why I stress about this. I know as soon as his arms wrap around me, everything is just going to disappear. It happens every time, and still I stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have to wait. My punishments are usually immediate, because waiting is very hard on me. I get very anxious.

    Sorry for your rough days..hopefully it will all smooth out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stormy: I sort of wish my punishments were immediate. When I look at the DoG, everything just seems to loom over me.

    ReplyDelete