Thursday, September 22, 2011

I FUCKIN' WON!!!

I'm so excited I cursed, and I'm not big on cursing. I never win disagreements with the Boss man, but I did last night! Okay, lemme start from the beginning.

Back Story:

The Boss Man gave me two weeks to try and get my panic attacks under control. One week into that, I was grumbling because I'd have an insane amount of attacks during the week. Boss Man urged me to go back to the doctor.

I resisted. When I talked to my doctor, he said if they didn't subside on their own he would prescribe a medication to help with that. However, I couldn't articulate the reason I didn't want to take the meds, when I was conversing about it with the Boss Man. We, erm, I mean, I started arguing with him, and he told me to pause it until after our anniversary.


Sunday, our anniversary:

We went out to dinner and a movie. It was very low key, but amazingly wonderful. =D When my Boss Man dropped me off, he cuddled the puppy, then me, and then he left. We MSNed while he worked on some things that needed to be worked on. I sent him a message saying, I knew he wanted to wait until our anniversary was over, and we had more time to talk about it, but I had something I needed to say. I told him I didn't expect him to respond to what I said immediately, and I was fine with waiting until he had time to process it. He agreed to hear me out.

I told him that taking the meds wouldn't attack the root of the problem. They would only numb me up so I no longer cared about all the stressers, good and bad, in my life. I told him, that I was on meds like that before, and I knew what they did. He said okay, and we went on with our lovey dovey anniversary gooyiness.


Tuesday:

Best Friend, her boyfriend, and I went to see The Lion King 3D. We'd been planning it for about a week, but only definitely made plans the night before. Boss Man was okay with this. He was going to be busy, and he thought it would be a good idea for me to get out. While on the way to the theatre, Boss Man sent me a text saying one of his friends back home had been having panic attacks as well. After a very brief conversation, he sent that his friend didn't want to take the meds or see a therapist either. I replied with, "You will not ruin my night by trying to convince me to see go to the doctor." (He'd already decided he didn't want this to be apart of our DD relationship.) Boss Man said he was fine with me not going back to the doctor. He said that I was right that I knew my body better than any doctor could, and that I was right meds wouldn't take care of the root of the problem.

I replied with, "What do you think I should do? So I win?" He replied with, "I think you'll find a way to live with it and I'll help in whatever way I can. Yes."



WHOO!!! I WON!!! **Happy Dance!!!**

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I have had similar "discussions" with my husband. I refuse to take certain medications...I'd rather live with the issue than deal with side affects. He is more the type who says just pop the pill. I ALWAYS look for another way.

    Proud of you for sticking to your guns on this one. And good luck!

    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stormy! If I can find a better way than filling my body with chemicals I'll do it. I'm just glad sticking to my guns didn't result in a punishment. :)

    ReplyDelete