Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mid-Morning Dessert

A few days ago, Sunday I believe it was, I was on the phone with The Boss Man; it was around 11 in the am. The following conversation took place:

In a teasing voice I said: Leave me alone, I'm eatin' my cake.

In a serious voice the Boss Man said: Cake for breakfast? That's not healthy.

Me, desperate for cake: It's a mid-morning dessert.

The Boss Man, laughing (I love his laugh.): Did you eat anything before the cake?

Me, in the voice I use when I lie: Yes.

The Boss Man, laughing harder: It's not a dessert unless you eat something before it.

Me, shoving bites of cake into my mouth: I plead the fifth.

The Boss Man, laughing even harder: There is no fifth in this relationship. What I say goes.

Me, sighing and harrumphing: I like cake.

I agree with Bill Cosby though. Cake has eggs, milk, and all the other important food groups. So there ya have it. I was shot down on mid-morning desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment