Monday, August 1, 2011

I Wish...

The Boss Man and I had a bit of a... eh, I can't find a word appropriate enough to use. Boss Man has a habit of forgetting to tell me things, and then goes off the grid for hours, while I'm sitting here doing the paranoia thing. A several nights ago, the Boss Man forgot to tell me he was going to a concert. When he goes to concerts, of course, he doesn't text much. On top of that, his phone had died. I hadn't heard from him in almost 12 hours (it was 30 minutes from being twelve hours). Of course I was worried, and I thought the worse. The longer we went without talking, the madder I became. I couldn't understand how he thought this hypocritical behavior was acceptable! I get in trouble all the time for not checking in with him.

I'm was so upset, I couldn't eat, and I LOVE food. I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about these horrible things happening, and I have no way to get to my man. And, then he texted me... I was slightly non responsive, saying things like, "Okay." instead of my usual, "Okies." Then, when he asked me what was wrong, I responded with, "Nothing's wrong. That's a lie, but I'm too mad to talk about it." I told him I didn't want to talk about it while he was gone. I didn't want to ruin his trip because I was upset, and I was slightly afraid I'd say something stupid. But, he kept pushing and pushing. And, I exploded. I finally told him that I didn't care who he was with, or what he was doing. I just wanted to know he was safe.

He let me rant, rave, and cyber-cry all over him. He apologized profusely. When I had calmed down a bit I told him he was sleeping on the couch tonight. I wonder if he'll let me spank him for misbehaving.

3 comments:

  1. If he wants to be your leader, if he wants you to be able to trust him, he has to become dependable, to step up to the plate and act the part. Hopefully he'll be willing to take a look at that. I think any wife or husband would be hurt and angry. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody seems to have gotten some cyber-courage! :-)

    I can see why you were upset. You told him how you felt which is key! Just YOU don't forget to mention to your bottom that it may have to pay a price later.

    --smiles--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,
    We've spent quite a bit of time talking about it. He's very dependable. I do believe him when he says he messed up. The last week, we've both been incredibly busy. Neither one of us has had much time for the other. But things are changing. :)

    ~
    baby girl,
    The cyber world tends to make me a bit braver than usual. It has gotten me in more trouble than I can count. We've been working harder at communicating with each other. The Boss Man said I wouldn't get in trouble for how I talked to him. He said something to the effect of he messed up, and I shouldn't be punished for that. Then he warned me not to get too sassy. :P

    ReplyDelete