Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

You know, I've never understood the hype of New Year's. I just don't get the excitement of something that happens every day. The clock strikes midnight every single night. I do, however, like the idea of a starting out on a clean slate. I like the idea of starting out fresh and new with all the bad things I've done and thought washed away. I like the idea of being a purer me.

Every year I set New Year's resolutions, but I'm not doing it this year. I'm setting goals. Goals that are not just for the New Year, but for the whole year. These goals aren't (I hope) goals I'm going to just give up after the New Year is over.

My first goal is to be better for the Boss Man. I want to be a better girlfriend, best friend, be a better whatever he needs. Lately, I've been very, eh, bad. I've been letting everything dictate how I feel, and that's been causing me to be more snappish than usual.

My second goal is to learn how to sew. I don't know why I'm so crazed over learning to sew. Well, that's not entirely true. I do know why I want to sew. I'm fascinated with the idea of taking nothing and making something. I can already knit. I want to be able to take fabric and make pretty things to wear because The Boss Man likes it when I look girly.

My third goal is to be more patient. In seven-ish months the Boss Man will be here. He won't just be the voice on the other end of the phone. He won't just be the person on my computer screen when we Skype. He won't just be text on my MSN screen. He will be here. We will be together every weekend. We, I, will be home.

My fourth and final goal is to go back to school. Because of my arthritis, I had to quit. I was going to go back to school this January, but my manager refused to work around a school schedule. During the fall I'm going to go back. I'm going to get my degree. With that degree I am going to open up my dream store.

These aren't New Year's Resolutions; these are my 2011 goals. I know the Boss Man will help me with these. He already is.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment